What's Happening at RDA
These Studio Guidelines and Safety Procedures are required for us to stay safe and healthy throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. The procedures outlined are based on the Ministry of Ontario Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act and recommendations by the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit. We hope our safety measures & protocols bring you confidence that we are doing everything possible to ensure your dancer has a positive experience in this new “normal” with us!
RDA has posted many friendly reminders for our dancers and staff throughout the studio to encourage them to practice good habits while attending their dance classes and using the facility.
We have multiple hand sanitizing stations throughout the studio to make it easy for all participants to stay on top of keeping their hands clean.
There will be a permanent Foyer Attendant present 6 days a week who will be there to support, guide and assist dancers in the foyer before during and after classes. They will also disinfect all contact surfaces after each use.
Anyone who enters our studio, including new and returning dancers, teachers, and directors are required to fill out a COVID-19 Health Waiver.
- Parents/caregivers are asked to say their farewells in the parking lot. Masks are required by all entering the studio.
- Dancers are required to check in at the desk through our protective glass as part of our attendance protocols and sanitize their hands at the entry station. This area will be supervised by our Foyer Attendant.
- Dancers are required to bring their own water bottles, please have them filled prior to arrival. We are unable to provide cups. If the water station does need to be used, it will be sanitized.
- When entering the classroom, dancers will sanitize their hands and proceed directly to a labelled tray to place all belongings and get ready for class.
- Dancers will be positioned in designated spots on the floor and get ready for a fun class! Dancers may be reminded on maintaining social distance as needed throughout the class. We have adopted a maximum class enrolment of 8 to 9 dancers for all Recreational Programming.
- Washrooms are available for our students and staff. The Foyer Attendant will be responsible for sanitizing the washroom after each use.
- If a dancer is required to sit and wait in the studio for any period of time, they are required to follow the instructions on our benches. The seating areas have been pre-measured and arranged to promote social distancing. There is a limited homework and snacking area. Early drop-offs and late pick-ups are strongly discouraged during this time. If you have any individual needs or concerns, please contact our office. We are happy to help.
- Upon exit you are encouraged to use the sanitizer at the exit door. There is only one labelled exit to allow for safe traffic flow. Our Foyer Attendant will ensure that all students are exiting in a calm and socially distanced fashion.
If your dancer requires that you as their parent or a caregiver must stay in the building while they take class, we will ask that you sign in at the desk upon entering. You will also be required to wear a mask. The space in the Foyer will be limited to 1 care giver per Preschool dancer. Social distancing must be maintained. Siblings and friends of the dancers are unable to stay in the studio while classes are in progress. We apologize for the inconvenience that this may cause. If any of our staff can assist you and help make this a more stress free experience, please reach out via email or give us a call!