Summer Creativity Camp
Join us this summer for our annual dance camp! Your child will engage in a week long journey of dance and fun! We offer three weeks for your child to enjoy all types of dance. They will participate in dance classes of various styles along with arts and crafts, movies and a creative movement class where they can move freely and make up their own routines. Each day campers should come prepared with a lunch and snacks and a great big smile ready for fun!
Our dance camp is for children ages 3 – 11
Dates: July 19th to 23rd, August 9th to 13th and August 23rd to 27th
Times: 9am to 3pm (Early drop-off and late pick up are available for an additional fee)
Sign up for 1 week: $160+hst
Sign up for 2 & 3 weeks: Save $20 off 2nd and 3rd week.
Limited Spots due to Provincial Covid Restrictions
Half-day dance camp is available for children ages 3-4 (9:00 am-12:00 pm)
Sign up for 1 week half-day: $90+hst
Sign up for 2 weeks half-day: Save $10
Tips to be prepared and have a fun RDA Creativity Camp Experience:
- Camp participants can be in dance attire or comfortable active wear every day of camp.
- Recommended footwear will vary depending on age groups and styles they will do. Bring all dance shoes every day, if you do not have dance shoes, a clean pair of sneakers and barefeet will do!
- Please send your participant with a mask which will be used in any cases when proper social distancing is unable to occur.
- An old oversized shirt is required and please label it! We will ask dancers to wear this over their clothing when doing crafts or activities that might get messy!
- Early/late drop offs are $10/day per family. The earliest drop off time is 7:45am and the latest pickup time is 4:45pm
- When dropping off or picking up, please text our NEW Studio Cell: 519-564-2527 – we will have a staff member walk them in.
- Each dancer will be asked to bring snacks, a lunch and a water bottle every day. Please be mindful of allergies and pack a nut free lunch. Camp participants, employees and assistants will not be permitted to leave the premises during lunch break.
- Please have your child’s hair tied back and out of their face.
- We will be spending time outside. If you would like your child to wear sunscreen please send it with them or apply it before they arrive. If you choose to send your child with sunscreen, please label the bottle and our staff can safely apply it for you. We will not spend more than 20 minutes outside at a time.
- Each dancer will have a labeled laundry basket to keep their belongings in and to collect craft projects from the week. Any forgotten items will be placed in this basket.
At the end of the week, we invite parents to a performance. The performance will be Friday and begin promptly at 2:30pm where the campers will showcase their achievements. Depending on provincial restrictions, this may be an outdoor performance in the RDA parking lot. Instructions will be emailed prior to the performance.
Looking for a challenge this summer? Do you want to stay in shape and try something new? Come to our 5 week Summer Intensive program! Each week will feature different choreography and teachers will rotate throughout the program to increase variety and style. Starting July 19th to August 18th. Limited Spots Available due to Provincial COVID-19 Restrictions.
|4th & 5th Class||$30+HST|
|Tap Exam Classes|
|Mondays, Room 3 Beginning July 19th|
|Tuesdays, Beginning July 20th|
|Preschool Prep & Toddler Groovers|
|Mondays – 5 Weeks – $60+HST Beginning July 19th|
|Room 1||Room 2|
|5 to 5:45||Preschool Prep||5:15 to 6||Toddler Groovers|
|Ballet Exam Classes|
|Tuesdays, Beginning July 20th|
|Room 1||Room 2||Room 3|
|4:30||Cecc 5 Exam||4:45||Primary 3 Exam||4:45||Cecc 2 Exam|
|7:40||Cecc 6 Exam||5:45||Cecc 3 Exam||6:40||Cecc 1 Exam|
|6:45||Repertoire and Pointe|
|Wednesdays, Beginning July 21st|
|Time||Room 1||Room 2||Room 3|
|4:45 Tap||Ages 14+||Ages 11 to 13||Ages 7 to 10|
|5:40 Contemporary||Ages 14+||Ages 11 to 13||Ages 7 to 10|
|6:35 Hip Hop||Ages 14+||Ages 11 to 13||Ages 7 to 10|
|7:30 Jazz||Ages 14+||Ages 11 to 13||Ages 7 to 10|
Thursdays, Pilates with Shannon Barban at 5:30pm-6:15pm