Tuition$ 350 per season
Costume, ballet pink tights and ballet slippers not included
¼ payment due to secure registration.
Balance must be paid by 1st day of scheduled classes or combined with a monthly pre-auth plan
REQUIRED Dress Code: bodysuit/leotard, ballet pink adapt-a-toe tights, hair in a secure bun, pink ballet slippers and pointe shoes for current pointe dancers. Therra Band for all other participants Note: Water Bottles and light snacks should be brought to classes every week.
Alice In Wonderland Rehearsals 2pm to 4:15pm effective Saturday, September 16th
Welcome to the Aspirant Ballet Program!
RDA’s ABP is where dancers will gain confidence, build strength and increase their knowledge with the guidance of our passionate CCA certified Ballet Faculty.
Our curriculum will include Ballet Technique, Variations, Pre Pointe and Pointe, Floor Barre, Strength and Flexibility and Ballet theory/education. Classes offered through this program will enhance your stamina, improve your technical abilities and improve musicality. The Aspirant Ballet Program (ABP) will also compliment your exam preparations and enhance quality of movement and presentation.
Aspirant Ballet Program (ABP) participants can expect to be further prepared when auditioning for Competitive Programs, Ballet Schools and Dance Companies. All ABP members will also be invited to do special performances in our Year End Showcases in May as well as a unique performance within local school boards.
This season we will be presenting Alice in Wonderland, a world renowned fairytale filled with magical dreamlike experiences. Join us as we grow into new roles and learn new variations and skills! Show dates to come… November/December 2023.
- Ballet Technique: Ballet technique is the foundational principles of body movement and form used in ballet. This Class includes barre work, center floor work and across the floor.
- Variations classes focus on learning sections of classical ballets being presented.
- Ballet Theory : Ballet Theory/education includes basic information on the history of ballet, vocabulary and proper etiquette for both classroom and stage.
- Pointe Class : Pointe class is the part of classical ballet technique that concerns pointe work, in which a ballet dancer supports all body weight on the tips of fully extended feet. Pointe work is performed while wearing pointe shoes. A dancer should never work in pointe shoes until their teacher has told them they are ready to do so, pre-pointe class is taken in ballet slippers until the dancer has developed the strength and muscles necessary to go en pointe.
- Pre-Pointe: Pre-pointe classes are offered to ballet students who are not yet on pointe to further develop and strengthen the muscles necessary to go en pointe. Pre-pointe classes stress correct alignment and correct classical ballet technique. Pre-pointe classes also allow teachers to assess readiness, offering an atmosphere for proper evaluation of basic important skills.
- Floor Barre- this class combines ballet with anatomical principles of alignment and muscle sense.By lying on the floor, without the pressure of gravity, Floor Barre strengthens and properly corrects the placement of the pelvis, hips and back and helps release tension throughout the body. This class is gentle, yet effective, low-impact, and appropriate for all dancers.
- Stretch and Strengthen- Slow-paced exercises with emphasis on deep breathing and alignment to increase your circulation and balance, provide better joint range and muscle function; enhance your overall sense of well-being and develop core strength to support control and agility.
ACCEPTANCE TO ABP will be part of RDA Auditions in June. A cast list will be prepared and sent out as part of Specialty Program invitations following Auditions. Choreography will take place in August. You will be required to submit all family and/or individual vacation and work schedules upon acceptance to ABP.