We will have 3 levels of RDA competitors:
- Novice (dancers that participate in 4 hours of dancing or less per week and are first time competitors)
- Intermediate (dancers that participate in 5 hours of dancing or less per week and have experience competing)
- Advanced (dancers that participate in 5+ hours and have experience competing)
* Please note that it is possible that you compete in Crew B and C levels within the same season.
* Levels per dancer/per style is based on RDA directors discretion.
* Inorder to be considered for a solo, duo, or trio – in any style – a dancer must be on that same style crew. For example: a ballet soloist is also part of the ballet crew.
Acro requires discipline and dedication to achieve what seems impossible. Balance and strength will drive this crew to higher levels! Our goal is to work in collaboration; to learn and grow in the art of acro dance with poise, strength and focus. We offer 3 levels of competitive acro to ensure you master your skills and enjoy your time entertaining the crowd. Dancers are required to partake in additional acro conditioning classes. *Acro Crew dancers are required to participate in the Summer Intensive Acro classes and the Academy Acro class beginning in September.
The dancers will have an opportunity to showcase their strengths, maturity and poise in exquisite choreography. Ballet Classique dancers will be expected to dance with passion and will develop their technique in the delicate beauty that is ballet. With hardwork and dedication these dancers will wow audiences with the strength and discipline required to execute and perform this challenging timeless style. We highly encourage our dancers to participate in our Cecchetti ballet exam classes to enhance their classical training with our certified Cecchetti educators. *Ballet Classique dancers are required to participate in the Summer Intensive Ballet classes and Academy Ballet classes beginning in September.
Confidence, enjoyment, development and creation; Just a few words to describe the type of dancers we hope to find who are willing to take a chance, think outside the box, be themselves but also willing to connect and work as a unit. Developing movement through discovery, connecting with the audience and storytelling are some of our goals in bringing this contemporary collective to the next level. *Contemporary Collective dancers are required to participate in the Summer Intensive Contemporary classes and Academy Lyrical classes beginning in September.
We are home to Windsor and Essex County’s original Hip Hop Crew. As a crew member you will have the chance to master the art of hip hop and exciting new break-dance skills including popping, locking, and tutting. Our crew has been wowing audiences and judges for years. We focus on exposing hip hop dancers to talented hip hop artists from around the country. It is a priority of our hip hop faculty to encourage self esteem, strength, agility, teamwork, and showmanship. We have seen tremendous results in the growth of our hip hop culture over the past years. *Hip Hop Crew dancers are required to participate in the Summer intensive hip hop classes and Academy Hip hop classes beginning in September.
These dancers will be immersed in high energy movement requiring strength, flexibility, performance and style! Dancers will be challenged throughout the season in perfecting a stylised jazz piece to suit the group dynamics. Whether the style be smooth and intricate or quick and sharp these dancers will be sure to dazzle any crowd! Depending on crew participants, there may be opportunities to explore other forms or jazz such as heels, musical theater and latin varieties. *Jazz Crew dancers are required to participate in the Summer Intensive Jazz classes and Academy Jazz classes beginning in September.
Rhythm Crew is a specialty program dedicated to the development and technique of our most ambitious and talented tap dancers. They will be experimenting during weekly rehearsals with canons, street tap techniques, echo drills, endurance, and achieving the cleanest, most crisp sounds as a unit. Levels and age divisions will be based on audition response. *Rhythm Crew dancers are required to participate in the Summer Intensive Tap classes and Academy Tap classes beginning in September.
1st CREW$ 550 base
2nd CREW$ 450 additional
3rd+ CREW$ 400 additional
Solo$ 470 per person
Duo$ 250 per person
Trio$ 200 per person
|If a dancer is registered for
|Ballet CREW C
|Tap CREW B
- Crew fees include all Crew rehearsals and Top Technique classes
- Competition fees not included (approx $45 to $60 per group per competition)
- Group choreography fees are separate from Crew fees
- Non-negotiable for weekly mandatory rehearsal times from Sept-May
- Solo/Duo/Trio fees include weekly rehearsals
- Competition fees not included (approx $60 – $90 per duo/trio / $90 to $120 per solo)
- Solos/Duos/Trios Choreography Fees are negotiable on a separate platform and separate from Specialty rehearsals
- Crew jackets are separate fees. ($170) new every 3 to 4 years
- Costume fees are not included (approx. $75-150 per dance) (shoes/tights/makeup/earrings are separate)
- A $50 deposit per dance & $35 administration fee required to confirm participation and commitment for all CREWS, Solo, Duo, and/or Trio.
* there are no applicable discounts to crew fees
- We will follow Government of Canada and Province of Ontario restrictions and regulations pertaining to performance and competition.